DEMYSTIFYING CLOUD COMPUTING
A 1-day course for technical managers
Don't be like Dilbert's boss!
Lead your team to the Cloud!
Learn the fundamentals of cloud computing, its benefits and how to begin your digital transformation and journey to the cloud.
Cloud computing provide IT services (servers, storage, databases, network, software) via the Internet to deliver faster innovation, flexible resources and cost savings at scale and you only pay for the services you use, thus reducing your operating costs.
- Understand the fundamentals of cloud computing
- Understand typical use cases
- Governance planning and cost control
- Plan the journey to the Cloud
- Implementing best pratices and new techniques
This is a non technical, lecture-style presentation with time for interactions and discussions. No need to bring a laptop. All concepts covered can be applied to Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure.
- Cloud computing principles
- Agility, flexibility, elasticity, speed
- Cloud use cases
- Load patterns
- Costs: CAPEX vs OPEX
- Type of services
- Infrastructure as a Service
- Containers as a Service
- Platform as a Service
- Function as a Service
- Software as a Service
- Type of clouds
- The 3 major providers
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform
- Let’s talk about some Cloud myths
- Compliance and certifications in the Cloud
- Planning the journey to the Cloud
- Define the triggers and the objectives
- Technical assessment
- Cost and resource management
- Staying in control
- Cloud native governance
- Create and manage controlled sandboxes
- Implementing best practices
- Continuous integration/deployment
- Implementing new techniques
- Containers and orchestrators
- Cloud Native
- What is cloud native
- Speed and agility
- The road to cloud native
WHY IS THIS FOR ME?
This non-technical course is aimed at I.T team managers (infrastructure and/or development) and team leads wishing to discover the possibilities of the Cloud and how to undertake the journey to cloud computing.